Telling a guy that you like him is probably one of the most difficult things to do. Once you acknowledge your feelings in front of him, the fear of him getting away or worse still, rejecting you plays heavily on your mind.
But still, we only live once so if you like someone and if he’s single, then you should just go and at tell him how you feel.
If you really like someone, then wait for the right moment to tell him. If you already know him, you can plan a surprise outing and share your feelings with him. However, if you don’t know the person well enough and want a chance at getting to know him better, then dress up alluringly and find the courage to tell him that you like him straight up.
What would help more is to find out first his level of interest in you,if any at all. Ask mutual friends/colleagues or observe his behavior when he talks to you. If he likes you there will be certain giveaways like a sparkle in his eye, the way he holds you or the way he tries to remain physically close to you…
If you think there is a high chance that he likes you back, then read on:
Similar posts that you may also like: 1. Get a Boyfriend, 2. Get a Guy Who Already Has A Girlfriend, 3. Flirt With A Guy, 4. Interesting Questions To Ask A Guy and 5. Get A Guy To Like You.
1. If the guy you like works in your office, start dressing up with the objective of grabbing his attention. When he comments or compliments you on the way you look, take the opportunity to strike up a conversation and say something like, “I think you’re cute and I like you so let’s go out on a date.”
2. If you are crushing on someone you met at a friend’s party, try to get his number from a mutual friend and make that call! Just simply dial his number and introduce yourself when he answers, tell him you saw him at the party, thought he was cute and were wondering if he’d be interested in a movie…
3. However, if you like someone who is already in a relationship, then it’s best to just keep your feelings to yourself. You wouldn’t want to break someone’s heart now, would you?
4. If the guy you like is a new neighbor, you can go ahead and introduce yourself to act like a good neighbor while you take the opportunity to get to know him better. You’ll can talk to him about the neighbourhood and even show him around (this way you’ll get to hang out with him too). When you develop a pleasant relationship with him, you can find the right time to tell him how much you like him and talk about going on a date with him…
5. Be courageous and be “ready” when you are about to tell him. Practice what you are going to say before you actually do. This way you can avoid stammering and messing it up during the real thing. Keep it simple. Just find the right time to say you like him and wait for his reaction.
6. If you are too nervous or scared to share your true feelings with the guy you like then be less direct and send him notes or text messages instead. Just write something simple, short and basic like, “Hey xxxx, I really like you a lot and was wondering what it would be like to start dating.”
7. Take him to his favorite baseball game and if his team ends up winning, use the good moment like a lucky charm and blurt it out. It’s best to catch him when he is in a good and light mood…
8. Be yourself when you do it. Don’t pick up lines from a famous book or poem. He may not believe what you are saying then. Write down what you really feel and then read it out to him. Impress him with your true feelings.
9. You must be relaxed when you ask a guy out or tell him that you like him. He shouldn’t get scared, intimidated or afraid of you and neither should he be put on the spot. Say it calmly and confidently so that irrespective of whether or not he shares the same feelings as you, he still has respect for you.
10. You could try talking about your feelings to him on his birthday. Find out when it is and if you are too shy, just write what you feel on a birthday card. It will be like a double surprise for him. He may just be touched by your effort and may end up taking you out!
11. Maybe you can warm up to it by dropping hints for the first few days before finally telling him. Drop hints about how a guy like him is what you have always wanted and dreamt of or how you want your guy to be like him. He might get the real picture and you can plan telling him about your feelings based on his reaction.
12. Don’t be too obvious in the days prior to telling him how you feel. Chances are that if he notices, his friends or other colleagues may notice too and you might just become the “girl who likes xxx”. They may tease you and there will be sure to tease him and it will just be embarrassing for everyone involved.
13. Don’t make the mistake of telling one of his friends first. If you like someone, tell the person directly. Friends tend to blurt things out at inappropriate times thus ruining the effect or meaning of what you really feel.
14. If this guy is a close friend of yours, you can simply head over to his place, stand below his window and pour your heart out. There’s no rule regarding appropriate female behavior during a proposal so why should only guys be allowed to confess their love like that?
15. If you know of something he’s been dying to buy like a Nintendo or a PS3, see if you can buy it for him. Surprise him with it and with a card or a note declaring your feelings for him. If something like this is very expensive for you, you can get him a t-shirt, nice shades or anything that comes within your budget instead.
16. However, the best way to tell a guy that you like would be to talk about it whenever you meet him without putting in too much thought. Just be honest and open, don’t worry about how you could have done it better and I am pretty sure he’ll appreciate your honesty. If you want to tell him that you like him, don’t allow romantic superficial things to steal your thunder. If he likes you for real, your words alone will be enough to make him believe you.
So, use the tips above and muster up your courage to go approach the guy you’ve been waiting for all along!