Figuring out if someone is married is pretty simple. Careful observation can help you realize if someone is married or not. Be it a man or a woman, a married individual tends to have certain behavioral attributes that stand out.
In today’s world where everyone has a net presence, its relatively easier to find out about a person’s history and facts. Online profiles on networking sites and professional sites both are a place to read about someone’s life. Pictures posted online can give a great insight into a person’s character, relationship status along with points on their likes and dislikes.
If you are keen to know if someone is married, look out for the following signs:
1. Pay attention to the person’s ring finger. Someone who wears a wedding band or someone who is trying to hide the fact that they are married by taking off their wedding band will have a lighter skin in the ring area. This can be an indication that the person is married, although it may also be a sign of a recent divorce!
2. If a person is constantly using their cell to text someone or call someone, they could either be married or in a deeply committed relationship.
3. Observe how the person behaves at a social gathering. If a married person is cheating on their spouse and trying to hide the fact that they are married, they will be extra conscious during social functions so that they don’t bump into a mutual acquaintance.
4. Try to ask the person’s close associates at work or friends if you meet them. Even if they are trying to support their friend and play a role in hiding the fact that the person is married, the chances of one of them spilling the truth eventually will be quite high, so keep probing.
5. Search for the person’s profile on social networking sites. Usually, on at least one site the person will have put up their true details and marriage status. So it’s a convenient way to tell a lie from a fact.
6. Try finding out the person’s address and doing some detective work of your own. Pay the person a sudden visit and go see if they live with someone or not.
7. When you communicate with the person through mobiles and online chats, observe the times the person is available to talk to you. A married person will be comfortable with day timings, never the weekend and if at nights, then late nights only once their spouse is fast asleep.
8. Observe how comfortable the person is with spend over. Married people try to find excuses to avoid a spend over…
9. Try to find out the person’s views on marriage. A married person if hiding the fact that they are married will try to give unclear and mixed answers to throw you off track. If you aren’t getting a direct answer, assume the worst!
10. Observe the person’s behavior with people of the opposite sex. Married people who are prone to cheating on their spouse will be more flirtatious with the opposite sex.
11. Sometimes, asking a person directly if they are married or not could work. A faltering reply will mean that they are hiding something…observe how they answer when confronted.
12. Try to get their home numbers and try calling. If someone other than the person in concern answers you can assume that the person is either married or already in a live-in relationship of some sort. When asked, don’t believe stories like they had visitors or relatives over at the time because if they didn’t mention visiting guests before, then they are surely covering up something.
13. The place a person works will usually have registered information on whether they are married or not. In this case, make a surprise call or visit to the company to check. They may not give you the information just like that, so cook up a story as to why you absolutely need it.
14. Observe how a person dresses, because this too can give a clue as to whether someone is married or not. Married people kind of “look” married. Although this isn’t easy and sometimes there is not much of a difference, still, try and see if you can make out the truth or not this way.
15. Check a person’s personal items like wallets or mobile contacts, although this is a clear invasion of privacy. But if you are in a relationship with someone who you think may be married, its probably better to do so. Personal items will give away the signs of a marriage. For example, a woman with personal identity cards printed with two different names could mean that one is her maiden name and one is her married name. For a man, pictures of kids or of another woman in the wallet could indicate he is married.